Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Itching to stitch...

Well hello there! I've been away from this blog for such a long time that I thought it was time to pop back in for a moment and show you something pretty.

Thanks to the lovely Tania, I recently came across this new embroidery book by Gail Pan called Patchwork Loves Embroidery. As I also LOVE embroidery, I thought it must be time for another book review.

source: Martingale

I've reviewed this lovely tome over on the Sunbury Stitchers blog so I won't repeat myself here, but suffice to say once my exams are over in the next two weeks, I will be whipping up one or two of these little pincushions. Tania and I have a history of crazy stitching challenges, so I've pledged to make one of these gorgeous pincushions with her as a challenge. I haven't caught up with the Gisborne stitching group in quite a while, purely due to my mad commitments this year...more about that soon, but I do hope to catch them over the semester break.

source: Martingale

Here are some divine versions of these pincushions done by blogger Sameliasmum {see link below}. She recently had a giveaway for this book, but alas I was too late and missed out. Her colour selections are so me, all bold, bright and modern. I LOVE them!

source: Sameliasmum



Sameliasmum on Pinterest

By the way, if you need some embroidery inspiration and these images aren't quite enough for you, take a look at my little collection of pins over here... You'll find lots of links to stitching tutorials too!

2 comments:

Tania said...

Hello!!!! How lovely to see you! Can't wait to stitch up a few little projects from this book, just waiting for it to arrive. I'm on for a couple of challenges if you are, Ms K!! xx

elliek said...

That looks like a me sort of book too. Will have to source it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...